Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where It's At


Here is where it’s at. 

The leak from the bathroom on the top floor to the guest bathroom has gotten worse. Much worse.  There are soaked towels laid out on the tile and the dripping sound of water instead providing Zen calm, has stained the general surrounding area with thoughts of ancient torture techniques. Surely back in the day someone must have gone mad just hearing one drip after another.   

While on the thoughts of torture, that’s what Mandarin’s face looked like as I gave her a spoonful of pureed zucchini. She gagged and shot me a horrified look reminiscent of green beans and pursed her lips and held up a closed for business sign.  How can she hate zucchini!? I can eat their healthy goodness everyday and now the batches I made for her either I will have to eat like an 8 month old - or the kitchen grinder will. Even the zucchini-carrot purees I made have gone to waste. She loves carrots on its own, I thought it would have been a good mix. 

Last night whilst reading Is your Mama a Lama before bed, she threw up everything she ate for dinner; what seemed to be a whole jar of Earth’s Best carrot tomato puree and her 6 oz bottle of milk. All over me, my PJ’s, her book, the WHITE duvet, our pillows and my computer. 

Yessssss. This calls the one defining photograph that speaks across generations and a wide spectrum of emotion: 



Here’s hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...