Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Warmth



This weekend peaked with summer warmth. Never mind the threat of a cold. Things needed to get done, regardless of airborne viruses and congestion and the day was far too lovely to waste. Saturday morning we drove down south to spend some much needed time with family, a quick stroll around the local farmers market and a korean BBQ lunch.  

I don’t know why I get so giddy with farmer’s markets. It it the fresh organic produce? The banjo playing on the street corner? Freshly popped kettle corn, parisian bread, flowers? It’s probably everything and a few things that vary from trip to trip. 


fresh cherry tomatoes


huge sunflowers and gorgeous lilacs


Itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny Zucchini!!!! They’re adorable. I want to adopt one. 


Fresh organic berries and fruit preserves!
Sweet Baguettes!!
I always get caught in these situations. So many pretty things to take photographs of and the achingly familiar line I keep uttering to myself. I should’ve brought my camera. 

There must be an easier way to travel with the bulk of an SLR camera and all the necessary accouterments of parenthood: stroller, handbag, diaper bag - and child! Even my trusty point and shoot was left behind, all I had for the weekend was my blackberry which has never failed to capture the fleeting moments of our days. Probably would be better if the BB community had Instagram too! 

I love photo opportunities, but find it difficult traveling with my camera, unless I’ve planned for a shoot that day. And while I COVET the Kelly Moore bags just like everyone else out there, I find the price too steep and will simply keep it within my crosshairs’ sight of a mega sale (if there even is one).  I’ll just have to settle with my painfully obvious yet exceptionally functional Nikon camera bag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...