Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Good Day

The simple pleasure of living your life with the intent of being happy is an effort that should be consciously taken everyday - regardless of what you hear from other people. Or how much it may hurt to hear words that may offend you. So here I am. Consciously making an effort; my Mandarin is pure joy to me, just the thought of her could light a dark room. The effort comes in the conscious re-shaping of perspective (which I often forget). I am grateful for the small things that matter.     

And for today: I am grateful for the time I am currently spending with my Mom and my Aunt (both visiting). Also, Mandarin took her first BART ride to the city today...and fell asleep.  A perfectly sunny day in the city and how getting home at a leisurely hour opens up more playtime opportunities. 

We like to stand on our tippy-toes.
(I adore this look on her face. It's almost certainly followed by an uttered syllable of her choosing - oh with that innocent and powerful voice.)

And read. 
Ever since she's learned the sign for more, she's effectively used it to communicate with us instead of frustrated grunts and whiny shrieks. 

We threw out our toys...
just because we can.

And looked at them.

We missed Daddy.

So we gave BIG hugs.

Mommy wanted a family photo.

Dinner: 
Pureed medley of chicken breast with butternut squash and green peas. 
Homemade baby!


What toys?


Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...