Friday, August 19, 2011

Note to Self:

When buying vintage table linens at the Alameda antiques fair make sure you have the proper table measurements written down. Don’t get all giddy by the deluge and sentiment of vintage fabrics and think maybe it’ll work as a table runner. 

Because it won’t. 

Now that I've actually looked up table sizes, our table that seats 6-8 people is on the longer side of 60 x 84 and the linens I bought was roughly 60 x 72.  I didn't take drapery into account. It covered the table for sure - just like a haircut would frame your lovely face except with pixie bangs.  

This is the longer side. On the other end only an inch and a half hangs over the table. Pixie Bangs!!!

Either way, what a difference it made to our dining area! I didn't realize the intimacy involved in shopping for table linens and how meticulous I would be with a specific vintage look in mind. 


This print from the fifties is fantastic!  Nothing short of vibrance and life. And yes, I intended that pun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...