Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pocket Review : Apothederm Moisturizing Cream

It’s the most wonderful time of the year - for a daily moisturizer that actually works. For more than a week now I’ve ritualized smoothing out a new cream on my face: Apothederm Moisturizing Cream. In my attempt to demystify the jargon surrounding this product, words that some of us normal folk don’t quite understand because clearly Smart Peptides and Emollient-rich are not part of our Sunday brunch lingo.  I’ve loosely looked it up so here’s the skinny on the science behind this cream. 


Smart Peptides: Amino acids that precisely target the appearance of your skin and addresses issues such as: The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Loss of elasticity. Loss of firmness and definition. Appearance of darkened areas or general unevenness of skin tone. Rough texture.
Thinning of the skin.  Basically, skin care science.

Emollient: e·mol·lient [ih-mol-yuhnt]  
adjective
having the power of softening or relaxing, as a medicinal substance; soothing, especially to the skin: emollient lotions for the face.

Paraben Free: Basically (Parabens) a class of chemicals commonly found in cosmetics, perfume, and skin creams that have been shown to cause certain health problems. 

I’ve religiously used this sample for more than a week and have seriously noticed a subtle glow even after I slap on my make up.  Rejuvenated skin?  Maybe. While I don’t entirely notice age lines disappearing just yet, I don’t exactly obsess over every single feathered line on my face either. I  do like the lightness of their formula, it’s easily absorbed within minutes of slathering it on my face with the hydrating effect of a thicker cream. It’s fragrance free, thank God, unlike some of the other well known creams out there I’ve tried that unfortunately left me (to the dismay of my husband) with a barking Eau-Le-Wet-Dog scent on my face.  In the spirit of less is more with regard to products for your skin, I would have preferred this cream to have some SPF denomination to eliminate the need of putting two creams instead of one.

Either way,  it would definitely make a wonderful gift regardless of age because - who doesn’t want fabulous skin? It’s hydration in a jar with the science of rejuvenated soft skin in the elemental harsh dryness of winter. Your skin is happy, hydrated and holiday ready. 

Enjoy a $10.00 discount now and throughout December when you shop at Apothederm by entering TENOFF when you checkout. Your skin will thank you! 





Yeah, you’re welcome.  




* The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this post are of my own volition and are in no way a paid advertisement from the company. The posts published on One Great Turning are personal opinons only. One Great Turning assumes no liability for any malfunction, injury, or other loss or damage whether direct, consequential or incidental arising out of services, companies, or products that have been either featured, reviewed or written about on this site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...