Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Day, Sunshine?

We wake up to say Hooooray for pony tails! Mandarin's hair is long enough for it; I still see no reason for her to get a haircut despite my mother's hankering to do so. I don't have the desire for her to have it grow out to mermaid stature either. I suppose I just like a good manageable length that can easily be styled so when she reaches her teen years she can curse me for the number of ribbons I've lovingly clipped on her. :)


I've been meaning to get a chart for her to track her growth progress but couldn't wrap my head around how  expensive some of them are! Although extremely dreamy and adorable, this little pet of a growth chart would set me back $40 in lieu of the kitchen pantry door, a ruler and a sharpie. However, as a memento, I can't exactly break off the pantry door and display it in her bedroom. 

But oh so cute. 


Nonetheless, I did find better deals with AmazonUndoubtedly sweet and adorable just the same. 


The garden variety of of this chart, the obvious beckoning of Spring and Summer as I am ready to part with my Ugg boots in lieu of flip flops and neon nail polish and long maxi skirts. 

But wait.

Petrichor: The smell of rain on dry earth.
Who knew there was actually a word for that!?
A line of storms are making its way up from the Pacific this week, one rainy day after another. Winter makes a dramatic comeback after its relatively mild and dry (even warm) weather just days before Spring. Just when I was this close to packing up all the bulky sweaters and coats for lighter and brighter apparel. Nonetheless, we make do with it and enjoy what's left of the season. 

 I do love the rain. While it may be inconvenient to most, it never fails to get my mind to slow down and shift gears into clarity of thought. 

Now for some reason, every time it rains something in me calls out for Chicken sopas - literally Chicken soup. It's always been comfort food for me as a child, and now as an adult I liken it to a warm blanket that I snuggle with on the corner of the couch. 

Mandarin can't get enough of it either.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...