Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goodnight, Lullaby Lane...

I am distraught to find out that after 64 years, Lullaby Lane, an independent shop here in the Bay Area has closed it’s doors to its patrons. The economy must have hit them hard - generally known as a shop that catered to less commercial baby things, more expensive things, pretty things. 

I haven’t been here long enough to claim that it was a landmark of my childhood, however there still are strings being played on in the chord of nostalgia. 

When I was pregnant last year my husband and I would take frequent trips there (apart from Target and Babies R Us) just to look around and see a wider variety of strollers, cribs, baby things we dreamed of and got excited about. I strolled around there up until my 9th month, dragging my swollen feet across the shop chatting it up with other expectant mothers,    and rubbing my belly with the enkindled vibe of motherhood. 

Fathers, boyfriends and significant others can usually be found nesting by the gliders and rockers, aghast over the $500 price tag. On Sale. But oh so comfy

This is the little patch of memory I have with Lullaby Lane. 

There were simply some things in there that cannot be found in other shops. 

Goodnight Lullaby Lane. You will be missed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...