Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Squeaky Fun

They grow up so fast. That line can probably be found on every single mommy blog out there. Today, our little Love reached out for me. A quiet and sunny afternoon, we were sitting on the couch after a round of snuggly tickles and kisses; she sat on her purple Bumbo with such fleeting contentment, squeaking Sophie La Girafe on one hand while I huddled right next to her in my favorite spot on the couch with my laptop. Then her right hand reached out and touched my left arm while I was checking my email.  More than just the usual playful pat and grab, I think she knew what she was doing. She looked at me and knew that she was sitting beside her Mama and she knew to reach out and pat me as if to say “Hey there”.

Help me.


She left her hand there for a few more seconds, amused by the muted clickety-clack of my keyboard and the homely drift  of a seemingly ordinary January’s day. Then, a coo and smirk later and it was off with Sophie’s head! Followed by copious amounts of drool. Everyday I fall in love with her more and more. 


Then minutes later she knocked out in a peaceful nap. 

And when she woke up, the fog had rolled back in. The kitchen pantry cleaned. The fridge, emptied of neglected produce. Dinner was hastily put together and made.  Clothes washed, dried and waiting to be folded. Whew. 


Now for a round of swat-the-blue-elephant. Joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...